- Fukazawa, K. & Kohno, N., 2017. Chronicle of mammals: Historical perspectives on the formation of mammal fauna with interactions between wildlife and human society in Japan. Mammalian Science, 57(1):145-146. (in Japanese)
- Shinmura, T., Tanaka, Y., Kohno, N., Yamada, K. & Sasaki, M., 2016. Digital life restoration of a fossil pinniped from Hokkaido, Japan: Generating a digital 3D model using photogrammetry and a 3D CG software. Fossils, 99:85-92. (in Japanese)
- Kohno, N., 2013. The way of elephants from underwater to land!? : A review of their initial 30 million years based on stable isotopes. Science Report of the Toyohashi Museum of Natural History, 23:61-70. (in Japanese)
- Kohno, N. (ed.), 2008. Fifth Conference on Secondary Adaptation of Tetrapods to Life in Water Abstracts. 86p. National Museum of Nature and Science Miscellaneous Publication.
- Kohno, N, 2006. Evolution of the Pinnipedia: close up their unique morphology. Kodomo-no-Kagaku, 2006(12):24-26. (in Japanese)
- Kohno, N., 2005. International Mammalogical Congress 9 highlights-S16: Functional morphology of marine mammals in relation to aquatic adaptation. Honyurui Kagaku (Mammalian Science), 45(1):120. (in Japanese)
- Kohno, N., 2005. Have the large mammals been mass-extinct at the end of Pleistocene? The Iden, 2005(3):19-20. (in Japanese)
- Kohno, N., 2004. The process of the whale evolution. Kodomo-no-Kagaku, 2004(10):103-104. (in Japanese)