*Parking facilities are not available. We recommend using the train or bus.
- 7 min. walk along Meguro Dori Street from the East Exit of JR Yamanote Line "Meguro Station"
- 4 min. walk along Meguro Dori Street from Exit 1 of Tokyo Metro Namboku Line/Toei Mita Line "Shirokanedai Station"
Hours of Operation
September 1 to April 30: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM (visitors are admitted until 4:00 PM)
May 1 to August 31: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (visitors are admitted until 4:00 PM)
Every Monday (If Monday is a national holiday, the Institute is open Monday and closed the following Tuesday.)
The day after a public holiday (if the day after a public holiday is a Saturday or Sunday, the Institute is open.)
Year-end/New Year holiday (December 28 to January 4)
* On some occasions the Institute is open to visitors even on the above holidays.
|General and university students
|High-school students and younger
- Persons aged 65 or over are admitted free. Please present some form of identification indicating age.
- Disabled persons, plus one caregiver per disabled person, are admitted free. Please present your Disabled Person's Notebook or similar identification
- The following persons are admitted free:
- FNSM members
- Repeaters Pass holders
- Supporting Members
- Students of University Partnership member universities and the instructors leading them
- Persons wishing to re-enter the Institute on the same day are asked to inquire at the information desk.
5-21-5, Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0071
Link (to the Institute for Nature Study's website)